SSiFM Ltd was appointed by The Practice Group to manage reactive maintenance works throughout their varied property portfolio. With properties spread nationally and limited in house resources, the purpose of the contract was to ensure that the Facilities Manager could provide locations with a quick, effective and reliable service. This utilised SSiFM’s bespoke works request ticketing system via the FREE customer portal.
“I engaged with SSiFM having joined The Practice group 6 months prior to this. The portfolio I am responsible for is made up of 46 properties that are diverse and scattered around the UK.
One of the biggest issues I faced was the cost of contractors and spiraling costs, due to the limitations of the contractors I had inherited.”
Natalie Attenborough BA (Hons) CBIFM – Facilities / Health & Safety Manager
After a number of successful years The Practice Group experienced rapid growth. This meant that there was an upsurge in the services it provided and, as a result, an increase to the amount of properties that needed managing.The properties acquired during this period of growth were of different complexities, and uptime was essential due to the critical nature of the services provided.Limited internal resources meant that the Facilities Manager of the organistion was unable to dedicate their valuable time to each individual location. This resulted in their time being taken up on a variety of small issues and detracting from the strategic facilities management plan.
Property portfolio complexities:
- Property Variances – from new builds to Victorian premises, the Practice Group’s portfolio presented a variety of levels of complexity.
- Geography – clinics and surgeries located throughout a large part of England. These locations range from the South Coast all the way up in to Yorkshire.
- Resources – without a dedicated resource, locations would have to fend for themselves or use the Head Office team. This resulted in extremely conflicting priorities.
- Care service – Disruption and downtime must be avoided. Health care services would need to carry on uninterrupted during any planned or reactive facilities works.
SSiFM and the Practice Group identified that key to success would be reducing the amount of time the singular facilities manager was drawn to reactive works. Therefore, access to the dedicated customer portal would prove vital to raise, track and manage, the progress of work requests.
This approach would allow the Facilities Manager to focus on the bigger picture and add additional value to the organisation, in line with the corporate objectives.
Some of the works required may not have been high on the priority of practice managers, as they may not have been aware of requirements. This resulted in obtaining contractors ASAP. However, this approach often resulted in high costs and poor quality. SSiFM were able to use their Specialist Suppliers system to get works completed quickly, in budget and to a high standard of quality.
There was also the need to refresh a number of contracts to ensure The Practice Group were receiving the right level of professional standards from their facilities services. Once again, SSiFM’s unique network of Specialist Suppliers was used to yield results and allow for the facilities management provisions to aid the business more effectively.
SSiFM became, an integral part of the facilities management strategy for the Practice Group, and this relationship has continued since. This was achieved by:
- Focusing on becoming a trusted partner by dedicating time energy towards the client.
- Consistently driving for value contracts and ensuring the client got the best possible deal.
- Remaining open and honest, providing The Practice Group with a trusted facilities management service.
- Significantly reduced the time burden of managing a varied portfolio by offering a simplistic approach to the facilities management service. This was done by providing the Practice Group with an innovative customer portal solution.
Each job allocated to SSiFM has been dealt with the same level of importance, dedication and quality. This has ensured that each location has received the facilities support they need. This has allowed for the Facilities Manager to review and plan the facilities management strategy in line with the organisation’s objectives.
Natalie Attenborough BA (Hons) CBIFM
Facilities and H&S Manager - The Practice Group
"SSiFM have helped me resolve a multitude of issues from M&E maintenance to internal air quality testing, furniture procurement, relocation's, furniture disposal and boiler servicing.All of these jobs have been logged through their dedicated Ticket System. I have given them a lot of work since our engagement commenced. I have often benchmarked the work SSiFM do for us and 90% of the time they are the most cost effective route.Their customer focus is outstanding and they are able to offer the big picture solutions, to what on the surface, appear to be minor issues. This allows me to put budget provisions in place for future works and manage internal expectations. "